DAAR Broker Page
The Dulles Area Association of REALTORS® offers our Designated REALTOR® members a variety of resources thoughtfully designed to meet their specific needs.
Save the Date! We invite you to join us for our Broker Breakfast which will be held on June 25, 2020 from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. As we get closer to the event more details will be shared.
Add DAAR to Your Meeting Office Agenda
Provide your REALTORS® with an opportunity to leverage REALTOR® organization benefits through an executive staff office visit. During visits, association leadership provide key information about:
- Educational opportunities
- Upcoming association events
- Legislative updates
- Industry updates
- Local market conditions
- Benefits to association involvement
- SentriLock® updates
- Bright MLS updates
- RPAC investment benefits
Complete this online form to request an executive staff visit. A staff member will reach back out to schedule a visit.
Ambassador Talking Points
DAAR’s Ambassador program provides weekly talking points for broker sales meetings. Equip your sales team with the latest association news and updates about resources, education opportunities and more. Contact Ariel today to get started.
The Dulles Area Association of REALTORS® offers live courses for groups of 10 or more that can be held at your office. Schedule classes, National Association of REALTORS® certifications and designations to be taught right at your location.
Private classes can also be scheduled for your REALTORS® at DAAR’s office in Ashburn.
No matter where your class is held, DAAR handles reporting to DPOR and NAR. For Code of Ethics training, DAAR handles the NAR compliance process for all REALTORS® who are DAAR members for each cycle.
PLE, CE and specialty topic course are free with a $10 credit submission fee.
- Post Licensing Requirements
- Fair Housing
- Escrow & Risk Management
- Contract Writing
- Real Estate Law
- Current Industry & Trends
- Real Estate Related Finance
- CE Requirements
- Agency Fair Housing
- Legal Updates
- Other Real Estate Related Topics
- Specialty Topics
- New Construction
- Environmental Issues
- Home Inspection
- Lead Safety
- Designation courses are subject to a different fee
Ready to schedule your course? Complete your Broker Sign Up Form.
Questions? Contact Beth via email or by phone at 571-291-9805.
Off-MLS Policy Information
Bright MLS released a reference guide and a recorded webinar regarding the Off-MLS Policy.
Check out the Reference Guide
Bright Off-MLS Policy Webinar
NVAR Standard Forms Changes
The following updates to NVAR Standard Forms went into effect on December 1, 2019:
1. Residential Sales Contract – K1321 This form has been modified consistent with revisions to the Virginia Code in the Property Owners Association and Condominium Acts. The Contract specifically allows for buyer delivery of the earnest money deposit by wire transfer. The form has also been modified to remove redundant definitions of Deliver and Possession Date in paragraph 41. The FIRPTA provisions have been substantially modified to more accurately define who is subject to FIRPTA and incorporate the parties’ responsibilities under the statute if FIRPTA does apply. These revisions remove the need for a separate FIRPTA Addendum.
2. Sales Contract for Unimproved Land – K1209 – This form has been substantially modified consistent with recent revisions to the Residential Sales Contract and to update Virginia Code references.
3. Exclusive Right to Sell – K1336, Exclusive Agency Listing Agreement – K1337, Exclusive Right to Sell Unimproved Land – K1355, Exclusive Right to Lease – K1281– These brokerage agreements have been substantially modified to ensure compliance with the new MLS Policies. The “Coming Soon” policy has been incorporated into the brokerage agreement because the only relevant restriction on marketing is the limitations on showings. Leasing and land sales have been excluded from the new policy, but these forms have also been updated to ensure there is no longer any need for a separate Pre-Marketing Addendum. The FIRPTA provisions in these forms have also been updated consistent with the changes to the Residential Sales Contract. The Exclusive Right to Lease Listing Agreement has been updated to remove reference to “opting out” of the VRLTA, since there is no longer any “opt-out” possibility for residential leases.
4. Lease VRLTA – K1354 – This form has been modified to update Virginia Code references and remove any language regarding “opting out” of the VRLTA.
The followings forms have been removed from the Forms Library:
5. K1369 Pre-Marketing (“Coming Soon”) Addendum to Listing Agreement – This form is no longer necessary due to recent changes in MLS Rules and the relevant provisions have been incorporated into the Listing Agreements.
6. FIRPTA Addendum – This form is no longer relevant as all relevant provisions have been incorporated into the Residential Sales Contract.
For additional resources, please contact DAAR directly via email or by phone at 703-777-2468.