MRIS is now Bright MLS
The creation of this new organization is a direct response to your demands that the MLS break down market barriers and provide real estate professionals with expanded property information that exceeds what consumers can get from publicly available websites.
With Bright, you will get access to more information, more products and more areas to explore and expand – that’s the power of us.
The Bright Service Area
Bright MLS is made up of nine forward thinking MLSs (43 Associations) in the Mid-Atlantic region who put aside their differences and came together with a shared vision to help solve MLS market overlap and empower everyone to get more out of the MLS. Bright will serve parts of 6 states plus Washington, D.C. encompassing 85,000 real estate professionals who serve over 20 million consumers and facilitate approximately 250,000 transactions a year that are valued at more than $85 billion.
Bright is a consolidation of the MLSs of these organizations:
- Coastal Association of REALTORS® (Somerset, Wicomico, and Worcester counties, MD)
- Cumberland County Board of REALTORS®
- Greater Harrisburg Association of REALTORS® (Cumberland, Dauphin and Perry counties, PA)
- Lancaster County Association of REALTORS®
- Lebanon County Association of REALTORS®
- MRIS (MLS covering parts of MD, PA, VA, WV, and Washington, D.C.)
- REALTORS® Association of York and Adams Counties (PA)
- Sussex County Association of REALTORS®
- TREND (MLS covering the Philadelphia metropolitan region, including southeastern PA, northern Delaware, and parts of southern New Jersey)
Visit Brightmls.com for a list of each of the visionary Associations that participate in Bright.
For now, not much will change for you.
For the next several months, you will keep your current daily MLS routine. You will continue to:
- Use MRIS to enter, update and search for listings
- Contact MRIS for support, compliance, and training inquiries.
- The system will not change at this time. Searching, reporting, emailing, and entering listings will be the same tools and processes they are today.
Even though little is changing at this time, MRIS is now a part of Bright MLS. To introduce you to this new organization, we will include the Bright MLS name and logo on the MRIS website, in email, and on social media. So you will soon see “MRIS, a Bright MLS.”
Industry Veterans from TREND and MRIS will lead the new organization
- Tom Phillips, previously President and Chief Executive Officer of TREND MLS, is the President and CEO of Bright MLS.
- David Charron, previously the President and Chief Executive Officer of MRIS, is the Chief Strategy Officer of Bright MLS.
- Brian Donnellan, former MRIS Chief Operating Officer, will serve as COO of Bright MLS.
More will be revealed soon…
You likely have more questions about how this change will affect you. We’ll keep you posted on the MRIS blog when there’s new information you should know.