Students should register prior to class to ensure they receive an email with course materials to view/download. DAAR will send students a one-week reminder with link to course materials and a three-day reminder.
CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY
Cancellations & cancellation requests for paid education will be accepted through 12:00 p.m. three business days preceding each class and a full refund will be issued.
Cancellations after the deadline will incur a $5 processing fee with the exception of Designation/Certification and Specialty courses. Designation/Certification, and Specialty courses will be refunded 50% of the registration fee.
No Shows will forfeit class registration fee.
(Requests for refund consideration due to extenuating circumstances must be received by DAAR in writing within 15 days after class start date).
CANCELLATION/POSTPONEMENT OF CLASS BY DAAR
In the event DAAR must postpone class, registration will be transferred to new class date. Students may also choose to use registration fees from the postponed class as a credit toward another class or receive full refund.
Recording for the purposes of personal branding/marketing during classes must be approved in advance’ (instructor/DAAR). All phones need to be put on vibrate or silent. Laptops/iPads are encouraged to view class materials. Children (under high school age) are not allowed to accompany students to class. Children shall not be left in the common areas unattended.
Class will begin promptly at the time noted. Students may not miss more than five minutes per credited hour. Students missing more than allotted time for class will be automatically disqualified from receiving class CE/PLE credit. Those students who have paid but have missed more than the allotted minutes are welcome to sit in but will not receive CE/PLE credit for the class. Moreover, if a student is disqualified because he/she is late or misses more than allotted time, no refund will be granted.
SAME DAY REGISTRATION POLICY
DAAR gladly welcomes same day registration, with space permitting. Registrations processed less than 2 hours before class start time will incur an increase of $5 to posted fee.
HOW TO CANCEL CLASS/EVENT REGISTRATION
Email: Send notice to the Professional Development Department Education@dullesarea.com.
Self-Cancellation: Login to your DAAR Portal Account and cancel from your registration.
Payments must be made at the time the reservation is made. DAAR accepts American Express, MasterCard and VISA credit cards, checks can be made payable to DAAR. If the payment is not made at that time, the student is subject to losing the reservation if the course should sell out. Any registration received without full payment is not guaranteed a seat until payment is made in full.
DAAR will make every attempt to forward CE/PL credits within three days following each class. You should receive an email confirmation when credits have been sent forward. However, VREB may take a little longer to get those credits posted. If you are facing an impending license expiration (i.e. this month) it is not recommended that you rely on these credits for renewal purposes. DAAR will not refund class registrations based on delays in CE/PL reporting. We recommend that you keep diligent records for yourself on all CE/PL classes you take. We further recommend that you become familiar with the process for checking your credits online at http://www.dpor.virginia.gov/.
SNOW/INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICY
If Loudoun County Schools cancel classes, DAAR will cancel its scheduled classes. If Loudoun County Schools delay its classes, DAAR will cancel the morning class. If Loudoun County Schools close early, DAAR will cancel the afternoon classes. Please watch the morning news programs to learn about any cancellations or delays. DAAR will make all reasonable attempts to contact those students who are registered for a class to notify them of any cancellations in advance. Please be certain that DAAR has your correct email address and daytime and evening phone numbers when you register. DAAR will make every attempt to post on the website about any cancellations. An email will be sent to students before 7:00 a.m. notifying of class cancellation or delay.
In our commitment to the Americans with Disabilities Act, we would like to know if you have any disabilities which require special accommodations, including the provision of auxiliary aids and services. If so, please contact DAAR as soon as possible to expedite any special arrangements.
NOTIFICATION OF CHANGES
DAAR Virtual Classroom Regulations
- Students must register and pay for classes through the DAAR’s membership system.
- Once registered through DAAR, students will be sent a Zoom registration link. You must register through Zoom in order to be sent the customized classroom link.
- Once you have registered for a course, you will receive a link to access your course materials. Please feel free to print your course materials or download and save them on your device.
- Students should plan to enter the training 5-10 minutes before the slated class start time.
- Students will be placed in a “waiting room” until the class begins. You may be muted upon class entry.
- Students who are more than 10 minutes late to the class will not be permitted entry.
- If you leave the class early, you will be disqualified from credit.
- Please make sure you are attending the class from a professional setting and are dressed appropriately. Remember your cameras are required to be on during the entirety of the class.
- Students are responsible for the performance of their own technology including audio volume, video clarity, and a reliable internet connection. Please visit www.zoom.com to obtain specifications for your computer and internet.
- You MUST connect with a device that has a video/audio connection. You MUST be visible on screen to meet Virginia REB requirements for continuing education credit for the entirety of the class. Failure to be visible may result in disqualification and removal from the class.
- The camera on the computer must remain stable and UNMOVED during the live training.
- Students may not share their computer with another student.
- Students may be muted at any point of the class by the host, instructor, or DAAR staff member. If you have been muted, DAAR asks that you remain muted unless addressed directly. This helps with overall class learning and communication.
- All students are required to fully participate and engage in class discussions and polls. A DAAR staff member will be monitoring the class for participation and engagement.
- Students may not be driving or in a moving vehicle while participating in a class.
- Students who are seen driving or in a vehicle will be removed and disqualified from the class.
- Students may not participate in other computer-based work while attending the class.
- Students may not take phone calls during class. Breaks will be allotted during each class.
- Please remove/limit distractions (i.e. pets, family members, music, TVs, etc.)
- The chat function will be available to students should they have questions or comments related to the class topic and materials. A DAAR staff member will be monitoring the chat box.
- Students will be responsible for completing a course evaluation and returning the document within 24 hours of completing the training. This is required to receive credit for the training.
- Earphones are a plus, for clarity.
- Keep your device plugged in so your battery doesn’t die and you don’t get knocked out of the class. If it does, you will be counted absent during the time you are not on camera. More than five minutes could result in your being locked out and not given credit.
- We must be able to see you through your camera in order to certify that you are present. Please ensure that there is enough light in the room and that you are clearly visible.
- When the class is over, be sure to select the option to “leave” the meeting.
Questions? Email Education@dullesarea.com.