January 2017 Loudoun County Market Trends Report: Loudoun Active Home Inventory at a 12 Year Low
The following analysis of the Loudoun County, Virginia housing market has been prepared by the Center for Regional Analysis at George Mason University for the Dulles Area Association of REALTORS® based on analysis of MRIS multiple listing data from MarketStats by ShowingTime.
- There were 972 homes for sale at the end of the month, which is down 27.4 percent from this time last year, leaving only 1.8 months of supply.
- After a 10 year high in December, Loudoun County’s median sales price increased modestly in January, climbing 2.5% percent on an annualized basis to $450,000. This marks a 43 percent appreciation versus the $315,000 low of April 2009.
- Closed sales are down from December 2016, but up 7.3 percent over January 2016.
- New listing activity decreased versus last year, with 517 homes added in January, down 2.5 percent from January 2016.
- Half the homes sold in January were listed for 33 days or less, down 35 percent from January 2016.
- Loudoun’s sellers received an average 97.0 percent of original list price in January, 0.6 points more than last year and the highest January mark in the last decade.