MRIS: Bright MLS: Ten Things to Know About the New Coming Soon Listing Status
MRIS – Bright MLS Corner: Ten Things to Know About the New Coming Soon Listing Status
1. Properties listed under the Coming Soon status are NOT pocket listings. While pocket listings are only marketed to a select few outside of the MLS, properties under the Coming Soon listing status will be viewable within the MLS to all MRIS subscribers.
2. Only properties with a listing agreement and seller’s permission may use the Coming Soon status.
3. Properties are not to be shown while under the Coming Soon listing status. ShowingTime details may be added in Keystone while a property is under the Coming Soon listing status, but showing instructions and the ShowingTime link will not be viewable in Matrix until the listing becomes Active.
This policy applies to both the listing and selling (buyer) agents. Fines start at $500. MRIS has a variety of tools at its disposal for monitoring this activity. If MRIS finds you in violation, you will be sanctioned.
4. Properties under the Coming Soon listing status are only available to MRIS subscribers who are logged into Matrix and/or Homesnap Pro. These listings will not be distributed to broker, agent, and public-facing or syndication websites, including MRIShomes.com.
5. Days on Market (DOM) do not accrue while a listing is under the Coming Soon listing status.*
6. You must include an Expected On-Market Date when using the Coming Soon listing status. This is the date when you expect your listing to be Active. This date cannot exceed 21 days from the date you submitted your listing to the MLS under the Coming Soon listing status.
7. Use of the Coming Soon listing status is limited to 21 days. After 21 days have passed, the listing status will change to Active automatically. If you need more time after the 21 days have expired, consider using the TEMP OFF listing status.
8. Because a property under the Coming Soon listing status will have an MLS number, the listing agent will be able to add virtual tours, marketing materials, and listing documents ahead of time.
9. A listing that was once under the Coming Soon status cannot revert back to the Coming Soon status. The property must be off market for 90+ days before it can be re-listed in Coming Soon status.
10. Brokers are able to opt-out of allowing their agents to enter listings under the Coming Soon listing status. If you are unable to select Coming Soon as a status option in Keystone, please contact your broker.
*Please note that for DOMP to reset to 0, a listing must be in Expired or Withdrawn status for 90 consecutive days. If a listing is entered into any status such as Coming Soon, TEMP OFF, CNTG KO, CONTRACT, etc prior to this 90-day period, the DOMP will not reset. An exception occurs if the property is sold and the new owner lists the property within the 90-day period.
Courtesy of MRIS Bright MLS