DAAR Staff Appointed to the Loudoun County Economic Development Advisory Commission
DAAR Government Affairs and Communications Manager, Brenda Morton, was appointed to serve on the 2019 Economic Development Advisory Commission (EDAC). EDAC helps promote the long-term economic growth and development of Loudoun County by providing valuable business intelligence to the Board of Supervisors and the Department of Economic Development.
She joins with other DAAR members and staff in volunteering time and talent to help make a difference in Loudoun County. Currently, DAAR members and staff serve on the following Loudoun County boards, groups, committees and councils:
• Affordable Dwelling Unit Advisory Board
• Building Development Advisory Group
• Housing Advisory Board
• Human Services Strategic Planning Steering Committee
• Public Library’s Board of Trustees
• Rural Economic Development Council
• Zoning Ordinance Action Group
You can help Loudoun County make better strategic decisions and provide your expert knowledge of Loudoun County by serving on an advisory board, commission, or committee. There are several opportunities for you to serve that involve a variety of topics.
Below is a list of the current vacancies. Click here to learn more about the specific board, commission, or committee. You may also view meeting minutes to learn more about the issues addressed. These Board-appointed positions are available to residents of Loudoun County. If you are not sure what election district you are in, you can find out through this online map.
The county has a user-friendly, web-based application form. To apply, please complete the form at: Advisory Boards, Commissions & Committees Application Form. Contact Brenda Morton, Government Affairs and Communications Manager, at (703) 777-2468 to learn more about the application process.
Advisory Boards with Terms Concurrent with the Board of Supervisors (through December 31, 2019)
• Advisory Commission on Youth: At-large and Broad Run District representatives
• Agricultural District Advisory Committee: Two at-large representatives
• Animal Advisory Committee: Dulles District representative
• Art Advisory Committee: Two at-large representatives
• Commission on Aging: At-large and Ashburn District representatives
• Community Criminal Justice Board: Blue Ridge, Broad Run and Leesburg District representatives
• Heritage Commission: At-large, Algonkian and Broad Run District representatives
• Lyme Disease Commission: Dulles and Leesburg District representatives
• Parks, Recreation and Open Space Board: Sterling District representative
• Police-Directed Towing Advisory Board: One law enforcement representative
Advisory Boards with Staggered Four-Year Terms
• Board of Building Code Appeals: Two building industry representatives
Advisory Boards with Staggered Three-Year Terms
• Board of Equalization: Two at-large representatives
• Community Services Board: Three at-large representatives
• Disability Services Board: Three at-large representatives
• Historic District Review Committee: One attorney and one representative with historic property experience
• Housing Choice Voucher Resident Advisory Board: Two at-large members and two at-large alternate members (participants or persons familiar with the program)
• Loudoun Health Council: Four citizen representatives, one health care professional representative and one health-related nonprofit agency representative
• Advisory Boards with Staggered Two-Year Terms
• Community Policy and Management Team: One parent representative
• Health System Agency of Northern Virginia: One at-large Loudoun County representative (Three-year term)
If you have any questions, please contact Brenda Morton, Government Affairs and Communications Manager, at (703) 777-2468 or firstname.lastname@example.org.