5 Things to Know About the Bright Off-MLS Policy
In order to help answer questions on the new Off-MLS policy, Bright MLS put together additional resources including an infographic and video with their Vice President of Customer Support and Training, Mike DelGaudio.
5 things to know about the Bright Off-MLS Policy
1. All listings must be entered within one business day of public advertising. You can still advertise your listing on social media and place your sign, the listing just needs to be entered into the MLS within one business day (Monday-Friday).
2. Public advertising includes:
- Yard signs
- Flyers displayed in windows
- Digital marketing on public facing websites (including social media)
- Brokerage website displays (including IDX and VOW)
- Digital communications marketing (email blasts)
- Multi-brokerage listing sharing networks
- Applications available to the general public
3. The Coming Soon status is available for listings that aren’t ready to be shown. Listing in this status can be publicly marketed, but these listings cannot be available for showings and can only be in this status for 21 days.
4. This policy applies to Residential Sale listings within the Bright footprint. It does not include Commercial, Rental, Multi-Family, New Construction, Farm and Land listings.
5. Fines will not be assessed without warning. We will provide the opportunity to enter the listing before any fines are assessed.