Key Census Messages – Fall 2019
The Census can be complicated. During the Education phase, we are focused on simple messages that emphasize impact, confidentiality, and a general timeline.
- Census Day is April 1, 2020.
– Watch for a postcard that will arrive in the mail in mid-March.
– You can respond to the Census online, by phone, or by mail.
- The 2020 Census is safe.
– There is no citizenship question.
– Your response by law cannot be shared with any other government agency, including law enforcement.
– Your Census response does not impact your housing or public benefits.
- The 2020 Census is easy. 10 Questions. 10 Minutes to complete.
- The 2020 Census is important.
– Your response ensures Loudoun receives its fair share of funding to build stronger families and communities.
– Census data helps determine where new hospitals, businesses, and schools are built and improves roads and public transportation options.
– Over 50,000 Loudoun youth and families receive services based on the Census:
Free and reduced/Affordable school lunch
Title I and Head Start
Community Development Block Grants
Foster Care Assistance
- Everyone Counts. From 1 day to over 100 years old, Everyone Counts. If the count is accurate, we receive more resources to build stronger communities