DAAR Announces Endorsements for Loudoun Supervisors, Clerk of Court
The Dulles Area Association of Realtors® (DAAR) announced its endorsements for candidates running for Loudoun County Board of Supervisors and Clerk of the Circuit Court in the upcoming general election to be held on Nov. 7.
DAAR has endorsed the following candidates:
- Phyllis J. Randall (D) for Board of Supervisors – At Large
- Koran Saines (D) for Board of Supervisors – Sterling
- Juli E. Briskman (D) for Board of Supervisors – Algonkian
- Sylvia Glass (D) for Board of Supervisors – Broad Run
- Caleb E. Kershner (R) for Board of Supervisors – Catoctin
- Matthew F. Letourneau (R) for Board of Supervisors – Dulles
- Laura TeKrony (D) for Board of Supervisors – Little River
- Mike Turner (D) for Board of Supervisors – Ashburn
- Kristen Umstattd (D) for Board of Supervisors – Leesburg
- Gary Clemens (R) for Clerk of the Circuit Court
DAAR’s endorsement process was open to candidates running for the Loudoun County Board of Supervisors and Clerk of the Circuit Court who sought support from the Association, completed a questionnaire and conducted an interview with a committee comprised of members of DAAR’s Government Affairs Committee and Board of Directors. Following these interviews, the REALTORS® spent several days evaluating all responses before making the final endorsements.
“With homeownership opportunities and private property rights at top of mind, we whole-heartedly believe the candidates we have endorsed will work to champion our cause in Loudoun County,” said Linda Culbert, an agent with Long & Foster Real Estate in Purcellville and Chair of DAAR’s Government Affairs Committee. “Some of the key stances we evaluated included candidates’ plans to promote more attainable housing, as well as current zoning issues.”
For more information on DAAR’s endorsement process, members may contact Government Affairs Director, Sophia de la Torre at firstname.lastname@example.org.
With more than 1,300 REALTOR® and Affiliate members, the Dulles Area Association of REALTORS® is Your Resource for Success™ in the Northern Virginia area. Founded in 1962, DAAR works to safeguard and advance the mutual interests of the public, property owners, and real estate professionals for real estate-related matters. For the latest news and updates, follow DAAR on Facebook, or on the web at dullesarea.com.