Make a Difference in Loudoun County by Serving on an Advisory Board
You can help Loudoun County make better strategic decisions and provide your expert knowledge of Loudoun County by serving on an advisory board, commission, or committee. There are several opportunities for you to serve that involve a variety of topics.
Below is a list of the current vacancies. The name of the committee is linked to more information about the specific board, commission, or committee. You may also view meeting minutes to learn more about the issues addressed. These Board-appointed positions are available to residents of Loudoun County. If you are not sure what election district you are in, you can find out through this online map.
The county has a user-friendly, web-based application form. To apply, please complete the form at: Advisory Boards, Commissions & Committees Application Form. Contact Brenda Morton, Government Affairs and Communications Manager, at (703) 777-2468 to learn more about the application process.
Advisory Boards with Terms Concurrent with the Board of Supervisors (through December 31, 2019)
- Advisory Commission on Youth: At-large, Broad Run, Catoctin and Leesburg District representatives.
- Agricultural District Advisory Committee: Two at-large representatives
- Animal Advisory Committee: Dulles District representative
- Art Advisory Committee: Two at-large representatives
- Commission on Aging: At-large and Ashburn District representatives
- Community Criminal Justice Board: Broad Run, Dulles and Leesburg District representatives
- Heritage Commission: Algonkian District representative
- Lyme Disease Commission: Dulles and Leesburg District representatives
- Parks, Recreation and Open Space Board: Sterling District representative
- Police-Directed Towing Advisory Board: Two law enforcement representatives
Advisory Boards with Staggered Four-Year Terms
- Board of Building Code Appeals: Two building industry representatives
Advisory Boards with Staggered Three-Year Terms
- Board of Equalization: One at-large representative
- Community Services Board: Five at-large representatives
- Disability Services Board: Two at-large representatives
- Historic District Review Committee: One attorney, one representative with historic property experience, one Historic District resident and one architect
- Housing Choice Voucher Resident Advisory Board: One at-large member and two at-large alternate members (participants or persons familiar with the program)
- Loudoun Health Council: Four citizen representatives, one health care professional representative, one health-related nonprofit agency representative and one Chamber of Commerce representative
Advisory Boards with Staggered Two-Year Terms
- Community Policy and Management Team: One parent representative, one private provider representative
- Economic Development Advisory Commission: Representatives of various industries. Details here.
- Health System Agency of Northern Virginia: One at-large Loudoun County representative (Three-year term)
If you have any questions, please contact Brenda Morton, Government Affairs and Communications Manager, at (703) 777-2468 or firstname.lastname@example.org.