DAAR Virtual Classroom Regulations
DAAR VIRTUAL TRAINING POLICY
If you have registered for a virtual training class, a link will be provided along with the course materials. When attending a virtual training class, students will use the video conferencing tool, Zoom. With class registration, students agree that they will comply with DAAR’s virtual training policy.
When attending a virtual class with DAAR, all students must adhere to the following regulations. Each class will be monitored by a DAAR staff member. Failure to comply with any of the regulations may result in forfeiture of CE/PLE credit. Students may be removed/”kicked out” and restricted from further entry for not complying with regulations or inappropriate behavior. If a student is disqualified/restricted, late, and/or misses more than the allotted time window, no refund will be granted.
VIRTUAL CLASSROOM REGULATIONS
- Students must register and pay for classes through the DAAR’s membership system.
- Once registered through DAAR, students will be sent a Zoom registration link. You must register through Zoom in order to be sent the customized classroom link.
- Once you have registered for a course, you will receive a link to access your course materials. Please feel free to print your course materials or download and save them on your device.
- Students should plan to enter the training 5-10 minutes before the slated class start time.
- Students will be placed in a “waiting room” until the class begins. You may be muted upon class entry.
- Students who are more than 10 minutes late to the class will not be permitted entry.
- If you leave the class early, you will be disqualified from credit.
- Please make sure you are attending the class from a professional setting and are dressed appropriately. Remember your cameras are required to be on during the entirety of the class.
- Students are responsible for the performance of their own technology including audio volume, video clarity, and a reliable internet connection. Please visit www.zoom.com to obtain specifications for your computer and internet.
- You MUST connect with a device that has a video/audio connection. You MUST be visible on screen to meet Virginia REB requirements for continuing education credit for the entirety of the class. Failure to be visible may result in disqualification and removal from the class.
- The camera on the computer must remain stable and UNMOVED during the live training.
- Students may not share their computer with another student.
- Students may be muted at any point of the class by the host, instructor, or DAAR staff member. If you have been muted, DAAR asks that you remain muted unless addressed directly. This helps with overall class learning and communication.
- All students are required to fully participate and engage in class discussions and polls. A DAAR staff member will be monitoring the class for participation and engagement.
- Students may not be driving while participating in a class. Students who are seen driving will be removed and disqualified from the class.
- Students may not participate in other computer-based work while attending the class.
- Students may not take phone calls during class. Breaks will be allotted during each class.
- Please remove/limit distractions (i.e. pets, family members, music, TVs, etc.)
- The chat function will be available to students should they have questions or comments related to the class topic and materials. A DAAR staff member will be monitoring the chat box.
- Students will be responsible for completing a course evaluation and returning the document within 24 hours of completing the training. This is required to receive credit for the training.
- Earphones are a plus, for clarity.
- Keep your device plugged in so your battery doesn’t die and you don’t get knocked out of the class. If it does, you will be counted absent during the time you are not on camera. More than five minutes could result in your being locked out and not given credit.
- We must be able to see you through your camera in order to certify that you are present. Please ensure that there is enough light in the room and that you are clearly visible.
- When the class is over, be sure to select the option to “leave” the meeting.