Students should register prior to class to ensure they receive an email with course materials to view/download. DAAR will send students a one-week reminder with link to course materials and a two-day reminder.
CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY
Cancellation requests (written or phoned) for paid education will be accepted through 5:00 p.m. three business days preceding each class. All paid tuition other than the $20 non-refundable, non-transferable to another person (Designations & Broker Pre-Licensing cancellation fee per course -$100) deposit will be refunded. No refunds will be given for cancellations made after the close of business on that day. (Requests for refund consideration due to extenuating circumstances must be received by DAAR in writing within 15 days after class start date).
CANCELLATION/POSTPONEMENT OF CLASS BY DAAR
Students registration will be transferred to new date of class if postponed. Students can use registration as a credit toward another class or receive full refund.
Recording for the purposes of personal branding/marketing during classes must be approved in advance’ (instructor/DAAR). All phones need to be put on vibrate or silent. Laptops/iPads are encouraged to view class materials. Children (under high school age) are not allowed to accompany students to class. Children shall not be left in the common areas unattended.
Class will begin promptly at the time noted. Students may not miss more than five minutes per credited hour. Students missing more than allotted time for class will be automatically disqualified from receiving class CE/PLE credit. Those students who have paid but have missed more than the allotted minutes are welcome to sit in but will not receive CE/PLE credit for the class. Moreover, if a student is disqualified because he/she is late or misses more than allotted time, no refund will be granted.
DAAR NO-SHOW POLICY
DAAR members receive FREE Virginia CE, any registered member that does not attend and does not notify DAAR within 48 hours of the class, will receive a no-show fee of $20 to their account. Walk-ins will be charged a $5 fee.
Payments must be made at the time the reservation is made. DAAR accepts American Express, MasterCard and VISA credit cards, checks can be made payable to DAAR. If the payment is not made at that time, the student is subject to losing the reservation if the course should sell out. Any registration received without full payment is not guaranteed a seat until payment is made in full. DAAR members receive FREE CE, any registered member that does not attend and does not notify DAAR within 48 hours of the class, will receive a no-show fee of $20 to their account. Walk ins will be charged a $5 fee.
DAAR will make every attempt to forward CE/PL credits within three days following each class. You should receive an email confirmation when credits have been sent forward. However, VREB may take a little longer to get those credits posted. If you are facing an impending license expiration (i.e. this month) it is not recommended that you rely on these credits for renewal purposes. DAAR will not refund class registrations based on delays in CE/PL reporting. We recommend that you keep diligent records for yourself on all CE/PL classes you take. We further recommend that you become familiar with the process for checking your credits online at http://www.dpor.virginia.gov/.
SNOW/INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICY
If Loudoun County Schools cancel classes, DAAR will cancel its scheduled classes. If Loudoun County Schools delay its classes, DAAR will cancel the morning class. If Loudoun County Schools close early, DAAR will cancel the afternoon classes. Please watch the morning news programs to learn about any cancellations or delays. DAAR will make all reasonable attempts to contact those students who are registered for a class to notify them of any cancellations in advance. Please be certain that DAAR has your correct email address and daytime and evening phone numbers when you register. DAAR will make every attempt to post on the website about any cancellations. An email will be sent to students before 7:00 a.m. notifying of class cancellation or delay.
In our commitment to the Americans with Disabilities Act, we would like to know if you have any disabilities which require special accommodations, including the provision of auxiliary aids and services. If so, please contact DAAR as soon as possible to expedite any special arrangements.
Once classroom space for any course of the REALTOR® Institute Program has been filled, registrations for the course will be accepted on a standby basis only. Policy pertaining to the processing of standby registrations is as follows:
- As standby registrations are received, the registrant is assigned a standby number on a first-received, first-served basis. This number indicates the registrant’s position in line for any openings that may occur in the course.
- Any standby registrant not contacted prior to the session is to assume that class openings are not available. All tuition payments will be promptly returned at the end of the module.
If on the day of the module, there are registrants who do not show up for the course, standby registrants who are present will be admitted in order according to their position on the standby list.
NOTIFICATION OF CHANGES
To cancel a course and request a refund contact Beth Fischel at the Dulles Area Real Estate School at 703-777-2468 or 571-291-9085 or email Education@dullesarea.com.
DAAR Virtual Classroom Regulations
- Students must register and pay for classes through the DAAR’s membership system.
- Once registered through DAAR, students will be sent a Zoom registration link. You must register through Zoom in order to be sent the customized classroom link.
- Once you have registered for a course, you will receive a link to access your course materials. Please feel free to print your course materials or download and save them on your device.
- Students should plan to enter the training 5-10 minutes before the slated class start time.
- Students will be placed in a “waiting room” until the class begins. You may be muted upon class entry.
- Students who are more than 10 minutes late to the class will not be permitted entry.
- If you leave the class early, you will be disqualified from credit.
- Please make sure you are attending the class from a professional setting and are dressed appropriately. Remember your cameras are required to be on during the entirety of the class.
- Students are responsible for the performance of their own technology including audio volume, video clarity, and a reliable internet connection. Please visit www.zoom.com to obtain specifications for your computer and internet.
- You MUST connect with a device that has a video/audio connection. You MUST be visible on screen to meet Virginia REB requirements for continuing education credit for the entirety of the class. Failure to be visible may result in disqualification and removal from the class.
- The camera on the computer must remain stable and UNMOVED during the live training.
- Students may not share their computer with another student.
- Students may be muted at any point of the class by the host, instructor, or DAAR staff member. If you have been muted, DAAR asks that you remain muted unless addressed directly. This helps with overall class learning and communication.
- All students are required to fully participate and engage in class discussions and polls. A DAAR staff member will be monitoring the class for participation and engagement.
- Students may not be driving or in a moving vehicle while participating in a class.
- Students who are seen driving or in a vehicle will be removed and disqualified from the class.
- Students may not participate in other computer-based work while attending the class.
- Students may not take phone calls during class. Breaks will be allotted during each class.
- Please remove/limit distractions (i.e. pets, family members, music, TVs, etc.)
- The chat function will be available to students should they have questions or comments related to the class topic and materials. A DAAR staff member will be monitoring the chat box.
- Students will be responsible for completing a course evaluation and returning the document within 24 hours of completing the training. This is required to receive credit for the training.
- Earphones are a plus, for clarity.
- Keep your device plugged in so your battery doesn’t die and you don’t get knocked out of the class. If it does, you will be counted absent during the time you are not on camera. More than five minutes could result in your being locked out and not given credit.
- We must be able to see you through your camera in order to certify that you are present. Please ensure that there is enough light in the room and that you are clearly visible.
- When the class is over, be sure to select the option to “leave” the meeting.
Partner Online Course Regulations
DAAR partners with The CE Shop – Continuing Education/Post License Education. To visit The CE Shop, go to https://daar.theceshop.com/.
For The CE Shop customer service, visit their Support page.
DAAR’s Annual Meeting & Conference Policies
Classes will begin promptly at the time noted. Students may not miss more than five minutes per credited hour. Students missing more than five minutes of class will be automatically disqualified from receiving class CE/PL credit.
Questions? Email Education@dullesarea.com.