DAAR is proud to partner with the National Association of REALTORS® on NAR Spire, an innovative new program which is designed to drive inclusivity within the real estate community. This mentorship opportunity will help individuals learn the fundamentals of the real estate industry, foster education, empower serious consideration of real estate as a career path, and encourage and promote the development of generational wealth through property ownership.
Seasoned REALTORS® are encouraged to apply as mentors, while anyone 18 years or older may apply as a mentee to learn about possible careers in the real estate industry. A real estate license is not required for mentees, but those within the first two years of licensure may apply for the mentee program.
What to Expect
After the form is completed, the program coordinator will conduct a matching exercise based on information provided in the mentor and mentee application form. This will include consideration of educational (discipline) background, career achievement, common professional interests, experience, time availability and location where applicable. All effort will be made to match a mentee with a mentor who is best placed in their geographical location.
Program activities are done on a volunteer basis and are unpaid. Mentors and mentees will need to supply references/recommendations and go through a formal evaluation.
After the matching process is complete, mentors and mentees will be notified of their match. The Program Coordinator will provide each participant with contact details for their match. Once the introductions have been made by the coordinator, it is the mentor’s and mentee’s responsibility to continue communication with the mentee to initiate the mentoring process.
Once contact is established, a mentor and mentee start the mentoring process by collaboratively filling out an agreement, reviewing the guidelines, and completing an action plan. This agreement is important as it helps build the foundations of a relationship by communicating and recording the agreed mentoring objectives, method and frequency of communication as well as how the mentor and mentee will go about achieving the agreed upon goals.
Additional Program Details
- Applications are due by May 31, 2023.
- Be sure to specify DAAR as your local Association.
- The Spire program will run from July-October 2023 and will include education sessions, virtual events, and more.
- People from all backgrounds are welcome to apply.
- Must be 18+ years of age.
- Four to eight hours of participation per month are expected, plus attendance at two NAR live virtual educational sessions.
- Mentorship sessions and meetups will be determined by the mentor and mentee’s schedule.
- Both parties and the Spire Program Coordinator will sign a Mentoring Agreement solidifying the sessions.
Want to learn more? Visit https://www.nar.realtor/nar-spire today or contact DAAR at email@example.com.